- Home
- United States
- Florida
- Lakeland
- Community & Business Organizations
- Lakeland REALTORS
Lakeland REALTORS
- 619 E Orange St, Lakeland, Florida, 33801
- Send Message
- 863-687-6111
Please verify you're human to confirm your vote.
Lakeland, Florida, 33801
United States
About
The Voice of Real Estate in Lakeland, FL for 100 Years!
Lakeland REALTORS® is a professional trade organization chartered by the National Association of REALTORS®. We have been serving our members and community for 100 years and continue to fight for private property rights, low taxes, keeping utility fees to a minimum and affordable housing opportunities in our area.
Mission Statement
Our leadership objectives are to unite those engaged in the recognized branches of the real estate profession for the purpose of exerting a beneficial influence upon the profession and related interests. To promote and maintain high standards of conduct in the real estate profession as expressed in the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS®.
A History of the Lakeland Association of REALTORS® / dba. Lakeland REALTORS®
The Lakeland Association of REALTORS ® was organized in 1923. The association was organized as the Lakeland Real Estate Board. The Real Estate Board consisted of six charter members: Mr. John F. Cox, President, Mr. William Steitz, Mr. L.R. Abbott, Mr. E.J. Kaufmann, Mr. J. J. Haldeman, Mr. Henry J. Lewis.
The second President of the Lakeland Real Estate Board was Mr. J.J. Haldeman in 1924. He was followed by Mr. William Steitz in 1925, Mr. Henry J. Lewis in 1926, and Mr. F.A. Howard in 1927.
In 1926 the Board reached a membership of 107 REALTOR® members, seven Associate members and three Affiliate Members. Dues at the time were a $50 initiation fee with $100 annual dues per REALTOR®. In 1926 the Lakeland Board also employed an Assistant Secretary, Mr. G.F. Bayliss at an annual salary of $1,800.
In 1928 the membership of the Lakeland Real Estate Board dropped to approximately ten members. From 1929 to 1936, the number of members averaged approximately six to ten. During this period of time, meetings were held approximately once every four to six months.
A charter was issued by the National Association of Real Estate Boards to the Lakeland Board of REALTORS® on May 1, 1941.
In the early to mid-1940s, our Association changed from a group meeting once or twice a year, with few members, to an active organization, meeting on a monthly basis. Attendance at monthly REALTOR® meetings has reached an all-time high in recent years with the inclusion of meals in the annual dues. Since this practice was adopted in the early 1960s, attendance has averaged from 50 to 80 REALTORS® and Associates per meeting. Prior to this, attendance averaged fifteen to twenty per meeting.
The early 1960s also featured the formation of an active Associate Division in our Association. At this time, the Associates began meeting once a month with regular planned programs and educational activities.
In 1989 the Lakeland Board of REALTORS® changed its name to the Lakeland Association of REALTORS®. The Board of Director’s thinking behind the name change was that the public concept of the Lakeland Board of REALTORS® perhaps reflected its Board of Director’s logic, while the name Lakeland Association of REALTORS® clearly includes all participants such as Brokers, Associates, the Board of Directors and all persons related.